The Black Hills Dairy Goat Association welcomes you to our 2nd Annual Show! The Crook Co. Fairgrounds, in beautiful Sundance, WY, hosts us on September 21, 2019! The show is about 1.5 hours west of Rapid City, SD, 1 hour east of Gillette, WY, and 3.5 hours north east of Casper, WY.
We are pleased to welcome Emily Thompson and Justin Bassett as our judges for 2019.
Changes for 2019: We will not be having a sale this year. However, if you will have an animal for sale (private treaty) at the show, you are welcome to submit an ad to our Facebook page, and we will help you advertise! There is also no semen collection in 2019.
2018 Show Results:
- The 1st Annual Black Hills Dairy Goat Show was September 22, 2018 in Sundance, WY!
- Sundance is located on I-90, between Gillette, WY, and Rapid City, SD. It is about 30 minutes south of Devil’s Tower, in the North East corner of the state.
- This is a 2 ring show, Jr/Sr/Bucks separately sanctioned.
- Jay Rudolph and Lorelei Hallock are our judges. Other activities include a semen collection by Capra Gia Genetics on Friday, September 21 (see forms for pre-registration requirements), an open costume class on Friday night, showmanship on Saturday morning, and a Selected Sire Sale on Saturday afternoon (application form in the rules).
- Questions can be directed to Frances Loehr or Tanja Miller. The FB page is https://www.facebook.com/BlackHillsDairyGoat/, we will also advertise on the WDGA Facebook and webpage.
- The Black Hills Dairy Goat Show welcomes sponsorships of any amount…$20 for class sponsorship, and any larger amounts gladly accepted.
All out-of-state exhibitors – print out this press release from the Wyoming Livestock Board and bring to your veterinarian for the ICVI (health certificate). Legible tattoos with accompanying registration certificates are acceptable animal identification. 2018-01 Scrapie-ID-Regs_Press-Release highlighted